BOISE --The Boise Fire department responded to two Sunday morning fires both only an hour apart.
The first one happened at 6:52 at a trailer home in the 4200 block of W. State Street. Boise Fire officials said when they arrived on location, the trailer was fully engulfed in flames.
The woman living inside told KTVB she remembered waking up and seeing flames shooting from her children’s bedroom. She then ran outside in only her pajamas.
Three adult occupants along with a 4-year-old boy all got out of the trailer with no injuries. However, firefighters later found a snake and cat that did not survive.
Brent Matthew lives across the street and witnessed the fire. He heard sirens, saw the flames and then ran outside to try and help the woman.
“She was just standing off the side kind of in shock," he said. "She had ash smudged on her face. And you can see from the trailer, from the inside of it, it’s totally gutted and charred in there.”
Fire officials believe the cause could be electrical.
The family lost everything, including clothes and toys. The Boise Fire Union Burn Out Fund was called to assist the family with immediate needs. If you want to help the family, you can call Rebecca at 703-2010.
Then at 8:28 a.m., Boise firefighters were called to the 14700 block of Cartwright Road. The homeowner reported smoke coming from the attic.
Fortunately, fire and smoke damage was minimal and confined to just the attic.
Boise Fire officials said it appears an electrical failure in a heating unit connected to the home's ducting system may be to blame for the fire.
Firefighters did call Ada County Paramedics to check a resident of the home for smoke inhalation. He was treated by paramedics and did not require transport to a hospital.