BOISE -- Boise Fire investigators say a fire that broke out at a home at 3606 Moore Street Monday night was caused by an electrical issue in the attic.
Firefighters were called to the home just before 10 p.m. A second alarm went out, but the first crews on scene were able to contain the fire quickly, and that alarm was canceled.
The Battalion Chief says the fire was called in by the residents who had been away, but returned home to discover the fire.
When firefighters arrived on scene there was flames coming from the roof and attic of the home's utility room. Firefighters cut into the roof and walls to get to the flames.
The two people who live in the home spent the night with family and declined emergency assistance from the Boise Fire Union Burn Out Fund.
The scene was cleared around 11:30 p.m., however investigators remained on scene.