- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- $7 for anyone 7-years-old and above
- Expo Idaho:
- 5610 N Glenwood St, Boise, ID 83714
GARDEN CITY -- Looking to rev up your weekend? The annual Northwest Motorfest cruises into town on Saturday and Sunday.
Admission is $7 for anyone 7-years-old and above. Kids under age 6 get in free.
The annual celebration of speed and machines features thousands of show-quality classic cars from Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and beyond. There's also tractors, trucks, military vehicles, motorcycles, dirtbikes, food and souvenir vendors, and other attractions.
Folks travel from miles around to line the grassy venue of the Expo Idaho fairgrounds in Garden City. That's where hundreds of owners will park their vehicles from Friday through Sunday to show off some beautiful, classic (and modern) muscle. The whole thing includes several categories of car competitions with trophies for the winners.
However, the rarest vehicles, including some nationally-ranked car show winners, are located inside the Expo Idaho venue where crowds can enjoy air conditioning while trying to beat the heat.
That means those who come to enjoy the spectacle can get the owner's unique perspective into each of these amazing rides.
Why do folks enjoy the Northwest Motorfest?
"I think people like motorfest so much because it marries a county fair with a car show," said operations manager Courtney Armstrong. "There's so many events -- it keeps people busy."
In case you were wondering, the event is also alcohol-free and very family friendly.
NEW FOR 2013
New for 2013, the life-size, gasoline powered "Bumblebee" character from Transformers the Movie will be on hand to delight the kids.
There's also the loud and spectacular Hole Shot Nationals, which is a drag race on 100-foot strip right in the middle of everything.
Looking for another good reason to show up?
Because it's the 60th anniversary of the Chevy Corvette, motorfest organizers say they're building a Corvette display that includes models from every year. Now, that's got to be enticing for any American muscle fan!
One more new attraction this year: the 2013 Miss Motorfest contest, which already has 16 contestants. The winner will find her picture on the logo for the 2014 Northwest Motorfest.
Other attractions include:
- V8-powered chainsaw demonstrations
- burnout contest
- funny cars
- rock crawling course
Hours of operation:
Saturday, July 12 -- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, July 13 -- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 9:00 a.m. -- Gates open
- 9:30 a.m. -- V8 chainsaws
- 10:00 a.m. Pin-up girl intros/interviews
- 10:45 a.m. -- Hole Shot Nationals
- 11:15 a.m. -- Pin striper seminar
- 11:45 a.m. -- Funny car fireoff
- 12:00 p.m. -- National Anthem
- 12:30 p.m. -- Holeshot nationals
- 1:00 p.m. -- V8 Chainsaw
- 1:30 p.m. -- Pin-up girl finals
- 2:15 p.m. -- Pin striper seminar
- 2:30 p.m. -- Funny car fireoff
- 2:45 p.m. -- Holeshot nationals, cash bash
- 3:30 p.m. -- Burnout contest
- 3:45 p.m. -- V8 powered chainsaws
- 4:30 p.m. -- 50/50 drawing
- 5:00 p.m. -- gates close
- 10:00 a.m. -- gates open
- 10:15 a.m. -- Pin striper seminar
- 10:45 a.m. -- V8 chainsaws
- 11:00 a.m. -- Hole Shot Nationals Cash Bash'
- 12:00 p.m. -- Burn out contest
- 12:30 p.m. -- V8 chainsaws
- 1:30 p.m. -- Hole shot nationals
- 2:00 p.m. -- Funny car fireoff
- 2:15 p.m. -- Pin striper auction
- 2:30 p.m. -- Last chance for Make-A-Wish raffle car tickets
- 3:00 p.m. -- Awards featuring miss motorfest
- 4:00 p.m. -- Make-A-Wish drawing