Residents displaced after mobile home park fire

Investigators say the fire was started in shed by a child playing with a lighter.

BOISE -- A fire at a Boise mobile home park early Monday morning displaced residents after one home was severely damaged.

The fire started at about 2 a.m. on Patricia Lane near Ustick and Eagle roads.

According to fire officials, the blaze began in a shed, before spreading to a total of three mobile homes.  One of the homes is unlivable, firefighters, say. The other two were damaged, but the people who liver in them will be allowed to return.

Three sheds were also burned in the fire.

According to Boise Fire, investigators determined the fire was started by a disabled child playing with a lighter.

Firefighters say extinguishing the blaze was a challenge because of how close together the mobile homes were.

The displaced residents will get help through the Burnout Fund, Senior Firefighter Jake Zebell said.

"Our Union burnout fund is taking care of those individuals to make sure they have their clothing needs and needs they need as far as staying overnight in a hotel and things like that," Zebell said.

One firefighter was treated at a local hospital for minor injuries.

Copyright 2016 KTVB


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories