SPOKANE VALLEY-- Remember that scene in the movie, “A Christmas Story” where the little boy gets his tongue frozen to a metal pole?
Well it happened Monday in Spokane Valley.
It was a reminder to every one of what not to do.
A 13-year-old girl stuck her tongue on a metal pole at the old Pratt Elementary in ten degree weather and it froze there.
She did it right after her friend stuck her lip on the pole and it came off.
When the tongue froze to the pole, her friend called 911 and firefighters had to come out and pour water on it to get it unstuck.
Captain John Lovell from the Spokane Valley fire department said, “evidently she hadn’t seen Christmas Story and didn’t believe it would happen, even though her friend had done it right before her so hopefully they learned a lesson here.”
The firefighter said it’s the first time in 15 years that he has ever had to thaw a person’s frozen tongue from a metal pole.
The girl says it hurt.
Again the lesson is, don’t try this.