Ammon Bundy: 'We will continue to stand'

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - The leader of a federal wildlife refuge takeover in Oregon says his group will "continue to stand" after he and six others were acquitted last week of charges in the case.

Ammon Bundy told The Oregonian/OregonLive in a phone call from the Multnomah County Detention Center Monday that it was their duty to stand.

"We did it peacefully," Bundy said, adding, "We did it legally, and the jury's verdicts confirmed that."

MORE: Ammon Bundy takes stand in his own defense

Bundy also said the trial ended in "another example of the government not following the law" when U.S. marshals arrested his attorney for challenging the judge's order to keep him in custody.

He called for prosecutors to drop charges against other occupiers set for February trial on the same conspiracy charge.

Bundy remains in jail because he still faces charges in the standoff at his father's Nevada ranch. Bundy said he expects he and brother Ryan Bundy will be moved on Tuesday to Nevada.
 

Copyright 2016 KTVB


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment