PARMA, Idaho - Health officials are warning consumers to discard potentially contaminated milk from a Parma farm, after two Canyon County residents who consumed raw goat milk became ill.
The milk, from Treasured Sunrise Acres in Parma, was produced the week of August 24 and was sold in stores in Boise, Caldwell, Ketchum, and Star.
Southwest District Health officials say the two people became ill with Cryptosporidiosis, microscopic parasite that causes a stomach illness.
The dairy and health officials recommend that anyone who purchased any raw goat or cow milk recently, should discard it immediately.
Those who have consumed the raw milk product and are experiencing symptoms are advised to consult their health care provider for testing, symptom management, and treatment, if necessary.
For more information on Cryptosporidium, click here.