Crews knock down chimney fire in Boise home

BOISE - A chimney fire caused damage to a Boise home Monday afternoon. Firefighters were called out at about 5:20 p.m. for a report of a structure fire on Scyene Way in the Warm Springs Mesa neighborhood.

A Boise Fire spokesman at the scene said the fire started in an outdoor fireplace and spread into an adjacent wall. The fire place was destroyed and the home's siding was damaged.

Firefighters believe the fire was caused by a hot spot in the fireplace from when the family had used it the night before.

Crews were able to put the fire out in about 30 minutes.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2016 KTVB


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment