Red Cross helps two families displaced by Emmett house fire

Red Cross helps two families displaced by Emmett house fire

Credit: American Red Cross of Idaho

Red Cross helps two families displaced by Emmett house fire

Print
Email
|

by KTVB.COM

KTVB.COM

Posted on April 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Updated Monday, Nov 11 at 6:04 PM

EMMETT -- The American Red Cross of Idaho is helping two families that were displaced by a house fire in Emmett. The seven people from those families lived in the home together.

Red Cross says they're assisting the families with money for food, clothing, and motel costs.

The fire happened yesterday on South Slope Road. Gem County authorities say the fire was caused by a Folgers-like coffee can with cigarette butts left in it. The can was left near the backdoor of the home and eventually caught the walls on fire.

The fire caused extensive damage to the home.

Print
Email
|