One unit damaged in Nampa apartment fire

Credit: Theresa Palmgren/ KTVB

One unit damaged in Nampa apartment fire

Print
Email
|

by Stephanie Zepelin

Bio | Email | Follow: @ktvbstephanie

KTVB.COM

Posted on June 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Updated Monday, Nov 25 at 3:38 AM

Nampa Apartment Fire

View larger map

NAMPA - A fire at a Nampa apartment building left one family temporarily without a home Friday.

Nampa firefighters were called out to an apartment fire on Nectarine Street.

Officials say the fire started because two boys were playing with matches on a patio, and the boys lit some paper on fire that spread into the attic. Firefighters had to open the ceiling of one of the units to put out flames. It was the only unit affected.

Deputy Chief Doug Strosnider says this fire was preventable. "It was started by young kids that had access to matches and lighters. And again I would remind parent, it's their responsibility to keep those out of their kids hands. It does make a difference."

The Nampa Fire Department reported the damages are more than $30,000. The firefighters burnout fund is providing assistance to the family who's unit was damaged.
 

Print
Email
|