NAMPA -- Students at a Nampa elementary school were let out of school early Tuesday due to a small natural gas leak.
Nampa School District spokeswoman Allison Westfall says Roosevelt Elementary School students were evacuated to a nearby LDS church ward.
Parents were able pick up children at the church. Bus service was running normally after school.
Westfall says the gas leak was reported around 1 p.m. Crews from the Nampa Fire Department, Intermountain Gas Co., and the school maintenance team all responded.
She says a small leak was detected near one of the kindergarten classes and was being repaired Tuesday afternoon. Classes will resume on schedule Wednesday.
Roosevelt Elementary School serves about 550 students in grades K through 5.
Parents were alerted about the evacuation through an auto dialer message sent out by the district.