BOISE -- Thousands of holiday shoppers are gearing up and getting ready to score deals this Black Friday. At the same time, local businesses are looking for new, less conventional means to get you in the door.
Bricolage, a gallery and store in downtown Boise is offering what they call, 'Black Coffee Friday.' Shoppers can enjoy complimentary hot beverages while they browse the store. Chelsea Snow, owner of Bricolage, also said that 10 percent of all sales will be donated to relief efforts for those hit by Typhoon Haiyan. "Instead of marking down our prices, we're paying it forward," said Snow. Something she says her customers appreciate and support.
Indie Made Boutique, a downtown collective of local artists will hold a 'Holiday Pop-Up Shop' on "Small Business Saturday." The pop-up shop will feature several local vendors and artists, food, drinks, and pictures with Santa.
Tanya Carnahan who runs the Boise blog, stylespygirl.com compiled this list of local Black Friday deals.
AGAIN CONSIGNMENT CLOTHING BOUTIQUE
- Open Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- 15 percent off storewide, including clearance items
- The first 20 shoppers at Again and Again 2 (1/2 block west) will receive a free pair of earrings
- Opens midnight on Black Friday
- Registered with American Express so if you spend $10 or more in our store you’ll qualify for the one time $10 statement credit.
- First 25 Shoppers get a free gift with any purchase
- 12 a.m. - 2 a.m., entire store 40 percent off
- 2 a.m. - 4 a.m., entire store 30 percent off
- 4 a.m. - close, entire store buy one, get one half off
THE ARCADE BUILDING
- Specials Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Facebook event & details here
- Buy one get one free on everything in The Shop
- Free cupcakes and coffee
- Free swag with every purchase
BABE ON A BUDGET
- Open at 8 a.m. Friday, 9 a.m. Saturday, same deals happening both days
- Coffee, donuts and great deals.
- All new and boutique items 30 percent off, and all consignments 50 percent off
- Gift certificates available and an additional $5 will be added to the amount purchased.
- Food drive for Grace Mentoring Ministries; each can of food scores you $.50 off on a future purchase
- Free hot beverages while you shop
- 10 percent of all sales will be donated to typhoon relief
CAMILLE BECKMAN – Holiday Pop-up Shop, Boise Towne Square Mall, lower level by Dillard’s 1-888-49-HANDS
- Open Friday at 5 a.m.
- Our best-selling Tuscan Honey body butter will be on special for $7.99, normally $12.99
CRUNCHY MOM LIFE
- Friday and Saturday, take 10-20 percent off all shopping items, ranging from jewelry to baby carriers to diapers & natural laundry products.
EPIC EXCHANGE – FASHION RECYCLER
- 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
-Breakfast muffins and scones, hot coffee and chocolate (complimentary)
-The unveiling of our “Epic Ugly Christmas Sweaters” over 100 in stock.
-Expanded “Epic Clearance Section” with items priced between $2-$6
-Gift Card Sale–When you buy a $25 gift card you get a $5 gift card for free.
-Gift Card raffles being done every hour, on the hour. Each customer that enters the store will receive a free raffle ticket. Each hour we will draw a winning raffle ticket. Winners get to choose a surprise amount gift card from our grab bag.
- Open Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
-The first 10 purchases will receive a free scarf or hat.
- Everything in our store will be buy one, get one half off regular priced items.
- An eco-friendly reusable shopping bag system dedicated to "Saving The Planet With Style."
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday, every purchase over $50 gets a free iTySE backpack.
- Available only on this huge shopping day: five different , exclusive one of a kind nail wrap designs with a buy three, get one free special
- Bonus free shipping
- Email or call Friday only to get in on the exquisite and exclusive Black Friday specials.
- Open Friday & Saturday, 11 a.m. -7pm, Sunday 12-4 p.m.
- Buy 1 get 1 free bottle cap necklaces
- Free reusable tote bag with any purchase
- Open Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Raffle prizes both days – win free products from amazing local artists.
- Free gifts with purchase! Spend $25 or more, get a free Mixed Greens lip balm. Spend $50 or more, choose a free necklace or bracelet.
PLUM HILL PURE BODY ESSENTIALS
- Friday 9-5
- Buy a Spa Hair Wrap for $25.00 and get a free 8oz Organic Coconut Hair Mask, beginning Black Friday and going through the end of December.
- Open at 6 a.m. Black Friday
- From 6 a.m. - 11 a.m., the entire store is 25 percent off
- From 11 a.m. - 9 p.m., the entire store is 20 percent off
-Open at 8 a.m. Friday
-Free earrings for the first 30 customers
-Enter to win a $50 gift certificate
-Saturday or Monday get 30 percent off one item
ROSIE MADE LLC.
- Open 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Special guests BeFragrant and Aloette of Idaho - Saturday from 11-2
- Light refreshments
- First 20 guests get a free gift
- Enter to win a $50 gift certificate
- Earn Rosie cash while you shop! (For every $50 you spend, you get $10 to use later)
RUBY LOU CLOTHING BOUTIQUE
- Open Friday
- 20 percent off the entire store (excluding Brighton brand purses, jewelry, & accessories)
RUNWAY FASHION EXCHANGE
- Midnight to 3 a.m. 30 percent off
- Gift Cards for first 30 people in line
- In store raffles for $25 and $50 gift cards
- Friday from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. 20 percent off the entire store
- Friday & Saturday, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Now through Saturday, Nov. 30th, take 20 percent off your purchase when you put together a complete outfit (consisting of at least two pieces, like corset + skirt, or pants + shirt.) Excludes clearance items.
THE THREADED ZEBRA
- Open Friday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- BOGO- Buy 1 item get another at 50 percent off. (item of equal or lesser value. Limit 1 per customer. Valid only Friday, November 30, 2013.)
- Starting Friday at 8 a.m., Two Photography is doing buy one get one photography sessions.
- Only 10 available! Email or call at 8 a.m.
- Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Free$10 Gift Card and Raffle Ticket with purchase of $50 or more.
- WIN a Limited Edition Ward Hooper “Forever Bronco Women’s Tee, $52 value.
- Complimentary holiday treats and coffee while you shop.
- A percent of all officially licensed product sales goes back to support athletics and academics
SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY
INDIE MADE HOLIDAY POP-UP SHOP
- Open Saturday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Multiple vendors & artisans from around the Treasure Valley, gathered in one place
- Yummy treats & beverages
- Photos with Santa
- Schedule your appointment for portraits Nov. 30th & bring a personal hygiene item to donate to the Meridian Foodbank
- You will receive 30 percent off your session and a thank you for your generosity & support
- Call today for details, 297-3356. Availability is limited
- Open 3 - 8 p.m. Saturday
- Holiday bazaar with several local vendors
- Gifts, decor, clothing and accessories
- Live music from 5-7 featuring Clarke and the Himselfs and JRS
- You are invited to bring your favorite crock pot dish to share, so…stop in, browse around, enjoy some refreshments and rock out a bit.
- Facebook invite & details here
- Open Black Friday from 9 - 1
- Major Party SATURDAY, from 10:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- We will be giving out random discounts to our shoppers all day long on Saturday, including Buy Get Buy One Get One 1/2 off, 50 percent off one item, 10 or 20 percent off purchase. (clothing and accessories only)
- Re D Zine furniture & décor is offering 10 percent off select merchandise and free refreshments