BOISE -- The Ada County Highway District is pushing for some major changes for downtown Boise designed to improve traffic flow.
ACDH leaders met with the Boise City Council on Thursday to present specific plans for five downtown streets they say could be converted from one-way to two-way traffic.
The highway district also outlined several streets and intersections where they'd like to add bike lanes and mini-roundabouts.
The streets that would change from one-way to two-way traffic include West 3rd and 4th, 11th, 12th and 14th streets.
Proposed locations for small roundabouts are:
- East Jefferson and 3rd Street
- West Bannock and 3rd Street
- West Bannock and 12th Street
- West Grove and 10th Street
- West Grove and 12th Street
- West Grove and 13th Street
- West Grove and 14th Street
The bike lane proposals run around the core area of downtown where traffic planners say many popular downtown destinations are located.