Discarded cigarette likely sparked afternoon house fire

Credit: Boise Fire Department

Discarded cigarette likely sparked afternoon house fire

Print
Email
|

by KTVB

KTVB.COM

Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Updated Thursday, May 23 at 2:31 PM

House Fire

View larger map

BOISE -- Boise Fire investigators say it was likely a cigarette that was discarded in a flower pot that sparked a house fire in Boise this afternoon.

Officials say firefighters responded just before 4:30 p.m. to a report of a house fire on the 4700 block of W. Pennfield.

When crews arrived on scene, the front porch of the home was on fire.

Firefighters say they were able to quickly put out the flames, but the damage is extensive.

Print
Email
|