BOISE -- The Scenic Fruit Company of Gresham, Oregon is voluntarily recalling its frozen pomegranate kernels.
Their eight ounce bags of Woodstock Frozen Organic Pomegranate Kernels are being recalled because of potential hepatitis A contamination.
No reports of the virus have been reported in Idaho yet.
The bags were sold in these locations around the state last month:
- Pilgrim’s Market at 1316 N. 4th in Coeur d’Alene
- Super 1 Foods at 305 W. Kathleen in Coeur d’Alene
- Nourish Smoothie and Tea at 206 S. Main St. in Moscow
- Vig’s Health Food at 922 16th Ave. in Lewiston
- Broulim’s Fresh Foods at 150 N. State St. in Rigby
- Atkinsons’ Market at 451 4th St. in Ketchum
- Roxy’s Market at 100 Main St. in Ketchum
- Barnucopia Natural Food Market at 316 State St. in Eagle
- Rosauers Supermarket at 2986 North Eagle Rd. in Meridian
The fruit company says if you have this product, don't eat it but keep the bag for proof of purchase.
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare says anyone who ate this product in the last two weeks and haven't been vaccinated for hepatitis A should call their doctor.