Oz Blog Day 22
We’re in the home stretch of the Oz Blog. There‘s just one week left, and I’m seeing some results. I think I may have spotted my first ab. Just five more to go, and I’ll have a six-pack! The point of the blog was never to get healthy (it was mostly to check the practicality of Oz‘s tips, and to give you the opportunity to laugh while I ate and did strange things). Never-the-less, losing some fat is a nice side-effect.
Monday’s episode was all about a three-day detox involving four smoothies a day. I’ve already had people asking me if I’m going to do it, and the answer is, “NO.”
“BOOOOOOOOOO,” you’re no doubt yelling at your computer.
Here’s the thing; a lot of the stuff in those smoothies, I’m already eating/taking, like kale and coconut oil. The fact is, I’ve been on a 21-day detox program called The Oz Blog. Also, at the beginning of the episode, Oz polled the audience. If they answered yes to three of his five questions, then they were candidates for the cleanse. I only answered yes to two of the questions, so I’ll pass.
“BOOOOOOOOOO!” Tough crowd. How about this? My wife says she WILL do it!
“YAAAAAAAYYY! Maybe Katie should be doing this blog…”
Yes, yes she should. Which goes to prove once again that behind every good man is a great woman willing to brave the health challenges he’s too chicken to do.
Another expert on the show recommended good carbohydrates like ezekiel, rye, and quinoa… which I’m pretty sure are all just words she made up. She also recommended cinnamon. And, that’s a word I’ve heard before! So, I’ll add that to my morning smoothie. Because, hey, it won’t make it taste any worse.
I finally picked up my garcinia cambogia (the spelling of that might not be right, Spellcheck doesn‘t recognize half of the stuff Oz recommends). Oz says it helps transform your calories into energy instead of fat. We’ll see how it works. But, there’s one thing I can be sure of, it’s added to my already crowded “Oz counter” at home.
WHAT I’M TRYING TO DO EVERY DAY:
7:00AM - "Personal business," check color, amount, and shape
7:05AM - Weigh-in
7:10AM - Chant
7:15AM - Five Tibetans workout
7:20AM - Chris Powell’s five minute workout
7:25AM - Five minute metabolism workout
7:30AM - Lift weights
7:35AM - Drink "Kitchen Sink Smoothie"
8:00AM - Read Tweets
8:30AM - Apply topical vitamin C with sunscreen ($19 for 4 ounces)
2:00PM - Eat dark chocolate
6:00PM - Take fiber supplement
8:00PM - Post on Facebook
10:20PM - Use neti pot (helps snoring) ($12.50 a month, including pot)
11:15PM - Apply witch hazel ($6 for 16 ounces)
11:20PM - Apply nasal strip (helps snoring) ($10 a month)
11:25PM - Do bed yoga
11:30PM - Bedtime
WHAT I’M CONSUMING EVERY DAY:
- Some onion (treats and prevents various diseases) ($2.50 for a 5lb bag)
- 2oz of papaya juice (increases energy) ($8 a month)
- 1oz of dark chocolate (lowers cholesterol, improves blood pressure, reduces inflammation) ($15 a month)
- 2 cups of white tea (busts fat) ($7.50 a month)
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil (improves metabolism) ($12 a month)
- Half-a-grapefruit (boosts metabolism, prevents stomach cancer) ($13 a month)
- 10 oz of berries (prevents pancreatic cancer) ($27.50 a month)
- ¼ cup of kale (prevents heart disease and lung/breast cancer) ($11 a month)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (burns fat) ($3 a month)
WHAT I’M TAKING EVERY DAY:
- 2000mg of glucomannan root (dietary fiber/weight loss) ($13 a month)
- 500mg of turmeric (fights liver damage/Alzheimer’s/some cancers) ($7.50 a month)
- 400mg of astragalus (slows down aging) ($7.50 a month)
- 1 Tbsp of pea protein powder (curbs cravings) ($18 a month)
- 1 Tbsp of brewer’s yeast (increases energy) ($15 a month)
- 1 Daily multivitamin (does a lot of stuff) ($2 a month)
- 1500mg of garcinia cambogia (burns fat) ($13 a month)