Smoldering cigarettes blamed for starting Kuna house fire

Credit: Adam Worthington / KTVB

Smoldering cigarettes blamed for starting Kuna house fire

Print
Email
|

by KTVB.COM

KTVB.COM

Posted on July 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Updated Monday, Jul 22 at 8:16 AM

KUNA -- Cigarettes left smoldering behind a Kuna house are believed to have caused a fire that heavily damaged the home Sunday evening.

The fire started on the back porch, then ignited the back wall of the home and quickly spread to the home's attic area, said Chief Stephen Rinaldi with Kuna Rural Fire District.

A neighbor spotted smoke coming from the home on Owyhee Avenue at about 6:00 p.m. and alerted the family inside the home. All four made it out safely.

Rinaldi said as the fire burned thought the attic of the home, it caused the roof to collapse into the home.

Crews from Nampa and Meridian assisted in the firefighting effort.

Print
Email
|