Propane to blame for Idaho house explosion

Propane to blame for Idaho house explosion

Credit: KIFI

Propane to blame for Idaho house explosion

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

KTVB.COM

Posted on June 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Updated Thursday, Jan 9 at 12:38 PM

IDAHO FALLS -- Authorities say an explosion that destroyed an eastern Idaho home and sent three people to the hospital was likely caused when a small propane tank under the floor caught fire.

South Fremont Fire Department Assistant Chief said the family that lived at the home were in the process of converting their appliances from electric to propane gas, and investigators believe the propane pressure levels weren't checked properly.

The St. Anthony home exploded Wednesday morning, and 45-year-old Craig Kelsey, 45-year-old Theresa Kelsey and 14-year-old Shandilynn Kelsey were taken to area hospitals for their injuries. Theresa Kelsey has since been released, and both Craig and Shandilynn are listed in serious condition.

The explosion is still under investigation.

Print
Email
|