BOISE -- The Boise Fire Department says a man saved a dog from inside, an otherwise empty house, after it caught fire Thursday night on Taft Street in west Boise.
Officials say the fire appeared to have started in the back of the home, and quickly spread throughout, causing extensive damage to the home.
"The smoke was just too much so I had to lay on the ground and I was calling the dog... I stuck my arm out and I felt him lick my hand and I grabbed his collar and pulled him out the door," said Harlow Patoray, who rescued the dog from the house.
Patoray suffered smoke inhalation when he rescued the dog, but no one else was injured.