CALDWELL -- Fire officials say a southwestern Idaho man sustained first-degree burns to his face and hands when he tried to put out a fire in a travel trailer.
Middleton Fire Captain Marty Ogan says the 56-year-old man was living in the trailer near Caldwell. Ogan says the man lit a candle before taking a nap Sunday afternoon and woke to the smell of smoke. When firefighters arrived, the trailer was engulfed in flames.
Ogan says the man tried to put the fire out himself before calling for help, and that he sustained burns similar to a severe sunburn.
The Middleton Fire Department's burnout fund has provided the man with money for clothing food and lodging for several days.