Fire chief: Smoker on oxygen ignited deadly fire

Fire chief: Smoker on oxygen ignited deadly fire

Fire chief: Smoker on oxygen ignited deadly fire

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

KTVB.COM

Posted on April 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Updated Friday, Nov 22 at 9:56 PM

JEROME -- Fire officials in south-central Idaho say a smoker lighting a cigarette while using an oxygen tank ignited a fire that killed her and quickly spread in the apartment filled with additional oxygen tanks.

Jerome Fire Chief Jack Krill tells The Times-News that 67-year-old Wanda Black died April 11 at Heritage Homes in Jerome.

Krill says a small dog in Black's apartment also died in the fire.

Krill says anyone using oxygen at home should be careful around hot objects or flames.

Print
Email
|