Too much turkey? Try this non-traditional twist on the leftover turkey sandwich!
"Tastes Like Stuffing" Waffles:
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour (or regular whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp parsley flakes
3/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbs canola oil (extra virgin olive oil can be substituted)
3/4 cup + 2 Tbs low-fat buttermilk
1 egg or 3 Tbs egg substitute
1/4 cup chopped green onions (white and part of green)
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup cup Lucerne® Light Cream Cheese
1/4 cup O Organics® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
6 oz (more if desired) In-Store Roasted Turkey Breast, thickly sliced
1. Heat your Belgium waffle iron (or regular waffle iron) to high heat. In medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (first 5 ingredients).
2. In large mixing bowl, combine canola oil, buttermilk, egg, green onions and parmesan cheese, beating on medium-low speed. Reduce to lowest speed and pour in the dry ingredients, beating just until combined.
3. Coat waffle iron with canola oil cooking spray and spoon 1/2 cup of batter into the center of the waffle iron. Cook waffle until desired crispiness and brown color.
4. Repeat Step #3 with remaining batter. While waffles are cooking, you can grill turkey breast slices in a non-stick skillet, coated lightly with extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray.
5. To assemble sandwiches, break waffles in half and place turkey slices on top of the bottom half. Spoon cranberry sauce over turkey and spread light cream cheese on the inside of the top half of the waffle. Place the waffle halves together 5to make a sandwich and enjoy.
© 2017 KTVB-TV