• 4 orange bell peppers
• ½ cup quinoa
• ¾ cup vegetable stock
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 ½ tsp cumin
• ½ cup diced tomatoes with green chilies
• ½ cup black beans
• 1/2 lb ground turkey
• ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
• fresh minced cilantro for serving
• hot sauce (optional)
• salsa (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the tops off each pepper, deseed, and cut out your jack o lantern face.
3. Prepare the filling. Bring the vegetable stock to a boil in a medium sized saucepot. Once boiling, add the quinoa, salt, cumin and tomatoes and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes until liquid has been absorbed. Add black beans, cooked turkey, and hot sauce to taste.
4. Fill the inside of the peppers with the quinoa mixture and top with cheddar cheese. Bake for 1 hour or until peppers are tender.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Serve warm.
Copyright 2016 KTVB