BOISE – Move for fun, get fit for life! The 2015 FitOne event happens September 24 - 26.
The three day event includes 5K, 10K, and half marathon races, along with a two-day healthy living expo offering cooking demonstrations, fitness and activity classes, healthy lifestyle vendors, free health screenings by St. Luke's, and more! The mission statement of FitOne is to build healthier communities through fun, active living: "Being fit is not a destination; it is a way of life, and through FitOne our VISION is to inspire families to come to the starting line every September and encourage progressive steps in a healthy direction throughout the year."
You can also JOIN KTVB'S TEAM7!
NEW THIS YEAR
FitOne Corporate Challenge: Local companies with 10 or more employees are invited to join in friendly competition while promoting health, fitness and corporate camaraderie.
Individual participants can create a personal or team fundraising page to donate to St. Luke's Children's Hospital.
RACES ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
FitOne offers several 5K waves starting at 9:30 a.m. in front of the Idaho Statehouse at the intersection of Capitol Boulevard and Bannock Street on Saturday, September 26. You must be at the start wave by 9 a.m. The race ends in Ann Morrison Park.
- Red Wave: Competitive Run
- Green Wave: Competitive Stroller Division
- Fit & Fun Blue Wave: Non-Competitive Run or Walk - No Wheels
- Fit & Fun Purple Wave: Non-Competitive Run or Walk – No Wheels
- Family Orange Wave: Family/Stroller/All Wheels Division
The FitOne 10K also begins at Capitol and Bannock. The start signal is at 7:30 a.m. Participants need to be at their assigned corral by 7:20 a.m. Strollers are allowed and will start in the last corral for safety reasons. The race ends in Ann Morrison Park.
Click here to see a map of the 10K course.
The FitOne half marathon starts at Capitol and Bannock at 7:15 a.m. Participants need to be in place by 7:00 a.m. Strollers and walkers are welcome, but strollers will be moved to the last start corral for safety reasons. The course will reopen to traffic at 11:00 a.m. After 11:00 am participants still on the course will be asked to move to the sidewalks. The race ends in Ann Morrison Park. The FitOne half marathon will be capped at 2,200 participants in 2015.
COST, RACE PACKETS, FINISH FESTIVAL & AWARDS
Race registration cost ranges from $10 to $55 depending on age and race category and date of registration. The Albertsons Finisher Pavilion at the finish festival will offer a breakfast bag of goodies for registered participants generously provided by Albertsons and FitOne sponsors.
All 10K, half marathon and Over 70's finishers receive a finisher medal. The top overall female and male runners in the 5K, 10K and half marathon will each win an award and the first, second and third male and female runners in each age group of the competitive 5K wave, 10K and half marathon will be awarded a FitOne glass tumbler.
All participants in the 5K, 10K and half marathon will be timed at no extra cost to the participant. Your finishing time serves as an important benchmark as you seek to improve your fitness levels from year to year.
All results and awards will be located at the results tent near the Albertsons Finisher Pavilion breakfast area in Ann Morrison Park. Live results will also be available immediately via your smart phone.
All three courses start at the Statehouse in downtown Boise, and will impact different roadS. Police and volunteers will close the following streets the morning of the event:
- The Boise downtown core will be closed from West State Street to West Front St. and from South 9th Street to South 6th Street starting at 7 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
- South 9th Street from West River Street to University Drive will be closed from 7:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- South Capitol Boulevard will be closed from Vista Avenue to Main Street as will Crescent Rim Drive from the Boise Depot to North Latah Street starting at 7:45 a.m. until 11:30 a.m., or until the last participant clears the area. Latah from Morris Hill to Americana, and Emerald from Roosevelt to Americana will be closed to all but local traffic at 7 a.m. until Noon.
- South Capitol Boulevard from West Front Street to West River Street will be closed from 9:15 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Eastbound Myrtle Street at South Capitol Boulevard will be open until 9:15 a.m. and then close until 10 a.m.
- Westbound Front Street at South Capitol Boulevard will be open until 9:15 a.m. and then close until 10 a.m.
- South Americana Boulevard from West Shoreline Drive to West Emerald Street at South Roosevelt Street & South Latah at Morris Hill Road will be closed to all traffic from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- South Americana Blvd from West Shoreline Drive to West Emerald St. will be narrowed to two lanes starting at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, September 25
- ALTERNATE I-84 ACCESS via South Broadway Avenue after 9:15 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
- ALTERNATE BENCH ACCESS via South Orchard Street
Participants can catch a free shuttle courtesy of Peterson Auto Group from the Boise Towne Square Mall near Dillard's to the start line beginning at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday.
Return shuttles will depart from Ann Morrison Park.
For complete shuttle and parking information, click here.
FITONE 2-Day HEALTHY LIVING EXPO
- Thursday, September 24 – 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 25– 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Located at the Boise Centre – 850 w. Front Street
- Packet Pickup, free health screenings, cooking demos, fitness classes and exhibits.
SPECIAL EXPO EVENTS
Thursday, September 24 - 6:00 p.m. - Grove Plaza - One Stone's Fruit & Veggie Dance for kids and adults of all ages! Come learn the Fruit & Veggie Dance with the kids from One Stone!
Thursday, September 24 - 6:15 p.m. - Grove Plaza - Axiom's Groovin' on the Grove: A Zumba Party for Everyone!
It's "exercise in disguise!" Come join this energetic workout for all ages and abilities! Test your moves as Axiom leads this fun-filled Zumba class on the Grove Plaza - it's a total workout, combining all elements of fitness - cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class.