St. Patrick's Day Pistachio Twists
This recipe is originally from the 1960's and was served as an appetizer during St Patrick's Day festivities. It will compliment any meal and is great for a quick snack!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Unfold the sheets of puff pastry, and brush tops with egg white. Sprinkle pistachios and salt over the egg white wash; flip the sheets, brush with egg white, and sprinkle with pistachios and salt. With a sharp knife, cut pastry into 3-inch long strips, about 3/4 inch wide. Twist the strips twice, then arrange on the prepared baking sheets so they don't touch.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
· 1 (17.5 oz) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
· 1 egg white, beaten
· 1/3 cup finely chopped shelled pistachios
· kosher salt to taste