Salmon Asparagus Salad
This recipe uses asparagus, which is at its freshest and most bountiful in the springtime. It is full of heart healthy proteins, and serves four. This recipe is easy to make; however, plan ahead because the suggested chilling time is 2-3 hours for marinating.
· Wash, cut and boil asparagus for approximately 5 minutes, rinse and drain.
· Add peas, toasted pecans and salmon.
· For the dressing, in a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
· Toss with above ingredients and marinate 2-3 hours.
· Add lettuce prior to serving.
· You can add more lemon juice, salt, mustard or whatever to taste.
· 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces in clear bowl
· 1/2 cup toasted pecans, broken into pieces in clear bowl
· 4 cups of romaine lettuce, prepackaged and washed saves time.
· Romaine lettuce
· 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed in clear bowl
· Package of frozen peas
· 2 cans (6 oz each) wild Alaskan salmon, drained, in clear bowl
· Can of Alaskan salmon
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· Bowl for mixing ingredients
· Large bowl for finished salad