Lucky Leprechaun Pie (Kiwi Lime Pie)
Kids will love this lime-flavored pie. The crust is simple to make and easy for children to help bake. It's as simple as using crackers, a zip-lock bag and a rolling pin!
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a bowl. Firmly press the crumbs against the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
2. In another bowl, stir the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice until well mixed. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 15 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
3. Once the pie cools, push cookie wafers into the filling along the edge. Top with kiwi slices arranged to resemble a shamrock. Serves 8.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- thin chocolate cookie wafers
- 1 14.oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 4 egg yolks