Fresh Beet Salad
3-4 medium beets
½ small sweet onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼-½ teaspoon ground cumin (depending on preference)
sea salt, to taste
ground pepper, to taste
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Cook beets in simmering water until fork-tender (about 30-45 minutes, depending on size).
2. Drain and cool. Rinsing with cold water cuts down on cooling time.
3. Peel beets and cut into bite-sized pieces.
4. Combine beets with onion and garlic in a large bowl.
5. In a smaller bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
6. Combine beet mixture with dressing and sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.