Crock Pot Corned Beef Dinner
1. Cover; Place first 4 ingredients in crock-pot. DO NOT add vegetables. Cook on HIGH 5 hours (get up early if you have time, to cook on LOW for 10 hours.
2. Remove meat and transfer liquid to another large pot.
3. To the reserved liquid add potatoes.
4. Cook on medium high stove top for 20 minutes and then add carrots, cook five minutes more, add cabbage and cook an additional 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, mix glaze ingredients. Spread glaze evenly over cooked brisket and bake meat (uncovered) for 30 minutes in oven at 350 degrees.
6. This should be done about the time the vegetables are cooked through.
· 4 lbs. corned beef, with included seasoning packets
· Water, to cover
· 2 bay leaves
· 2 minced garlic cloves
· 2 lbs. baby red potatoes, whole
· 1 lb. baby carrot
· 1 head cabbage, green quartered
· 1 cup light brown sugar
· ¼ cup spicy mustard