Mini Taco Bowls:
1 can refried beans
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream or plain low fat yogurt
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 bag Tostitos "Scoops!"
Set chips on a large platter and layer with beans meat, cheddar, salsa, yogurt and black olives.
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
For the salsa:
1 pint fresh strawberries cut into small chunks
3 apples, peeled and diced
1 cup of cut watermelon or kiwi
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
2 tsp sugar, divided
For the cinnamon chips:
10 flour tortillas, each cut into 8 triangles
1/2 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. For the salsa: In a large bowl, combine watermelon, apples, and all but 1/4 cup strawberries. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar and stir to combine. In a blender, combine remaining 1/4 cup strawberries, lemon juice, lime juice, and remaining 1 teaspoon of sugar. Pulse until liquefied and add puree to fruit. Refrigerate until serving.
2. For the tortilla chips: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay tortilla triangles on baking sheet. Brush with melted butter. Stir together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle each tortilla. Flip each tortilla and brush the other side with melted butter and cinnamon sugar. Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven or until crunchy. (Do this in batches; you don't want to crowd the pans too much.)
3. Serve salsa with cinnamon chips.
Cinco de Mayo Crushes
1 6-ounce frozen limeade concentrate
3/4 cup orange juice
2/3 cup unsweetened grapefruit juice
25 to 30 small ice cubes (about 4 cups)
Green food coloring (optional)
Lemon or lime slices (optional)
1. If desired, rub rims of margarita glasses with lime wedge; dip rims into a shallow dish of coarse salt or sugar and shake off excess. Set aside.
2. In a blender, combine limeade concentrate, orange juice, and grapefruit juice. Cover and blend until smooth. With the blender running, gradually add ice cubes through the hole in the lid, blending until slushy. If desired, tint with a few drops of green food coloring. Pour into margarita glasses. If desired, garnish with citrus slices. Makes 8 (4-ounce) servings.