- 3-1/2 cups Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 1 cup Roasted Red Pepper, peeled
- 1/2 cup Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- 1/3 cup Salad Oil
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Fresh garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin, ground(toasting optional)
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, table grind
Combine garbanzo beans, red peppers, tahini, oil, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until smooth and creamy, pausing once or twice to scrape down sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Add remaining ingredients and process to blend. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley & serve with toasted pita chips.