Chef Lou’s Peach & Brie Turnovers
4 ea 6”X6” puff pastry squares, thawed + 2 tsp flour for surface
2 teaspoons all purpose flour
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
4 teaspoons raspberry preserves
1 cup sliced peaches
1/3 lb brie cheese, Sliced
1 egg, lightly beaten mixed with 1 tbsp half & half
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Lightly grease a large cookie sheet. Set aside
- Lay the pastry squares on a flat, lightly floured surface
- Mix the all purpose flour and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Dot each pastry with 1 tsp. of the preserves, spreading it around the center of the square. Then sprinkle with some of the sugar-flour mixture.
- Arrange a single row of overlapping Peach slices over half of the dough: leave a good ¾ inch border around the slices, following line of the pastry; sprinkle with Flour-Sugar mixture and lay one or two slices of Brie over the Peaches to cover.
- Moisten the edge of the pastry and fold the empty half over the cheese; pinch the edges together; place on prepared baking sheet and refrigerate while you make the remaining turnovers.
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees.
- Brush each turnover with a little egg-milk mixture and sprinkle with granulated sugar; then poke the surface 2 or 3 times with a fork to make steam vents.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the center oven rack; rotate baking sheet 180 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer turnovers to a wire rack and let cool; while still warm, dust with confectioners’ sugar.