- 4 cups of your favorite salad mix
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- ½ cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- Sweet & Spicy Almonds (see recipe below)
Toss salad mix with vinaigrette and ½ of the blue cheese, oranges, strawberries, and pecans. Arrange on a large serving platter or individually 6 plates. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, oranges, strawberries, and pecans.
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar(red wine vinegar will also work)
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2-teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
In a food processor or blender, combine 1st seven ingredients. Gradually add in olive oil.
Sweet & Spicy Pecans
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chile powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Stir together ¼ cup sugar and 1 cup warm water until sugar dissolves. Add almonds: soak 10 minutes. Drain, discarding sugar mixture. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar, chili powder, and cayenne. Add almonds, tossing to coat. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.