Chef Jerry's Eggs Benedict
Posted on October 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Saturday, Oct 6 at 8:46 AM
Chef Jerry Jones’ Recipe
4 egg yolks
Juice of ½ lemon
2 oz. white wine
Pinch cayenne pepper
Pinch white pepper
8 oz. clarified butter
8 English Muffins
1 lb. shaved ham
8 whole eggs
Hollandaise Sauce Method:
1) Melt 1 lb. of butter over extremely low heat; when melted, scoop the butter fats off the top and discard, leaving only the clear (clarified) butter; there will be a layer of water under the clarified butter – be aware of that in the recipe.
2) Combine the first seven ingredients in a stainless steel bowl; whisk over a pot of boiling water until thickened to the consistency of tooth paste; thin with boiling water until smooth and the consistency of thick gravy.
3) Slowly ladle the clarified butter into the egg mixture, whipping constantly; if the mixture is too thick, add a little bit of hot water in between ladles of butter. Ladle all clarified butter until you reach the water at the bottom.
Poached egg method:
1) In a large skillet, add water to near top plus ½ teaspoon of white vinegar; bring to a simmer
2) Carefully crack and drop eggs into the simmering water and simmer for about 4 minutes
1) Toast or grill muffins and place muffins split side up on a plate
2) Top with grilled or sautéed shaved ham on each muffin
3) Top with poached egg on each muffin
4) Ladle Hollandaise sauce over the top