California Chicken Salad
This recipe begins with a pre-packaged bag of spring mix salad. These bags make eating several different kinds of leafy greens (such as lettuce, arugula and spinach) easy, and save prep time. This recipe serves two.
· 2 cups of prewashed, bagged lettuce of your choice
· 1 cup of sliced rotisserie chicken, from the store or your own kitchen.
· Add ½ cup dried cherries or cranberries
· 1/4 cup chopped up walnuts
· 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (or feta if you like a more mild favor cheese)
· 4 tablespoons poppy seed dressing
· This salad has a lot of protein from the chicken, the walnuts and the cheese. It will keep you full for hours. This is a great lunch salad.