CALDWELL -- No one was hurt when a Caldwell home caught fire early Friday morning.

The blaze started at about 3 a.m. at a house on Iowa Avenue. Both people inside got out safely.

Officials determined the fire started behind the garage, then spread into the attic of the garage.

Firefighters say the fire ignited after woodstove ashes were placed in a plastic container against the back of the garage. The warm ashes apparently reignited and spread to the structure.

Luckily, crews were able to halt the fire from spreading from the garage to the home. The living area is still inhabitable, and the residents will be able to move back in as soon as the smoke clears and utilities are turned back on, officials say.

Ashes from a woodstove, fireplace or grill should only be disposed of in a metal container with a lid, stored a safe distance away from anything flammable.