BOISE -- A candle that had been left burning started a fire at a Boise home Friday morning.

Boise Fire said the fire was reported by a resident at 4:17 a.m. at a home in the 3000 block of West Whitman Drive.

Smoke was visible by the time fire crews arrived. Firefighters were able to get the flames knocked down by 4:35 a.m.

All three adults in the home were able to get out, and no one was hurt, according to Boise Fire. They are receiving help from the Burnout Fund.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. Boise Fire said there were no working smoke detectors in the home, and reminded everyone to regularly check the batteries in the devices in order to protect themselves from fire.