BOISE - Boise Fire Department officials say fireworks are likely the cause of a three-alarm apartment fire early Wednesday morning at the Edgewater Apartments off State Street in Boise.
Firefighters responded to reports of a fire at the complex shortly after 2:30 a.m.
When crews arrived, heavy fire was visible from the third floor of a building. Officials said the fire started on a second story balcony and burned up into the unit above and into an attic.
Five units were damaged.
One person suffered smoke inhalation as a result of the fire. No other injuries were reported.
Edgewater Apartments fire
The Boise Fire Burnout Fund is helping eight displaced families.
Officials believe fireworks are to blame, and said they received reports of teenagers setting off fireworks nearby prior to the fire. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 343-COPS.
Firefighters on scene at an active apartment fire off State Street in Boise. Huge flames coming from third floor pic.twitter.com/OfZKdjeMjg— Joe Parris (@KTVBJoe) July 5, 2017