A 16-year-old boy who authorities believe was the shooter near Graham-Kapowsin High School last week turned himself in on Monday afternoon, according to the Pierce County Sheriff's Department.

He will be booked for assault 1 and drive by shooting.

Earlier on Monday, police announced two teens arrested following the shooting will be released with no charges filed.

The Pierce County Prosecutor's office says the investigation is ongoing. The two 17-year-olds will be released with NCF pending, which means no charges filed pending further investigation.

One suspect in last Tuesday's shooting remains on the loose.

The shooting followed a planned fight behind the high school. According to court documents, one of the arrested teens has a girlfriend who got in a fight in the cafeteria Monday with another female student. Prosecutors said following the fight a student told the girl’s boyfriend, “You need to get control of your girl.”

That prompted the boyfriend to call for a fight behind the school the next day.

The two students who were shot were witnessing the fight but were not among those fighting. They underwent surgery and are expected to survive.