BOISE -- Organizers of a popular mud run in Boise announced Thursday evening that they are canceling the event.
The Dirty Dash cancelation comes after runners complained that the event was pushed back multiple times, moving from an original June date to late October. Multiple people also took to the group's Facebook page to question how they could get their money back.
Earlier this week, event coordinator Ryan Creighton told KTVB the run would be held at Eagle Sports Complex Oct. 22. But the City of Eagle said the company had not even completed an application to use the complex.
Dirty Dash organizers posted online that that fires during the summer months near Avimor - the original proposed site - had forced them to change their plans.
"Unfortunately, due to issues with fire danger in 2016, we must cancel the event this year," the post reads. "We appreciate your patience as we tried our best to satisfy all government agencies. Unfortunately, time has run out, and it is getting too cold."
Everyone who signed up for the race will receive a refund, according to the company. The participants will be mailed a physical check; anyone who has not received their money back by Nov. 1 is asked to email email@example.com.
Dirty Dash officials apologized for the cancelation, adding that the mud run has been held in Boise for seven years.
"We plan to be back in 2017 and hope you will stick by us as we find the right location to hold this great event," organizers wrote.
To read the full statement, click here.