PARMA -- Police are searching for a suspect after someone opened fire at a Parma home during a drive-by shooting Tuesday night.
The shooting happened at about 9 p.m. at a house two blocks south of Parma Middle School, according to Parma Police Chief Albert Erickson.
Erickson said the people inside the home heard several bangs, and stepped outside to see a dark-colored four-door car driving slowly away.
The chief said the occupants did not immediately realize their home had been shot at, but neighbors called police to report gunshots.
Officers arrived to find four bullets had hit the front of the house. Two more had struck a car parked in front of the home, Erickson said. The bullets are described as small caliber, although it was not immediately clear whether they came from a handgun or a rifle.
No one inside the house was hurt, although the police chief said one of the rounds went through a garage door and interior wall before lodging in the victims' laundry room.
Drive-bys are extremely rare in the roughly 2,000-population town, Erickson said: Tuesday's shooting marked the first in about ten years.
The chief said he believes the shooter and the people inside the home know each other. The drive-by does not appear to be gang-related, he said.
No suspect names or descriptions have been released. Erickson said officers are working to find the person responsible.
Anyone with information should contact law enforcement.